This weekend was a quick trip out of Winston, to get back to the mountains. It was surprisingly the first time I had been home since New Year’s Eve. Shocker. The weekend entailed:
– Slumber party with best friend Michelle Friday night, which also included too much weird wine (to the left) that led to a lot of laughing
– The first time there was a solo Michelle/Ashley sleepover in a long, long time (love that girl)
– A fancy 25th Anniversary hurrah dinner for Mom & Dad Saturday night with all the family and extended family
– Bananagrams and watching “Hunger Games”
– Annoying my mom by pointing out all of the actors and actresses I knew or had a connection to in “Hunger Games”
– Lots of sleep
– Lots of Ruzzle (darn you addictive word games)
– Snow. All day. And all night. It was really pretty.
– Coffee with the parents, you can’t underestimate that on a weekend morning
– A beautiful 7-mile run that nearly killed me (it’s not the same running in 30-degree mountain air as it is in the Piedmont)
– Finding renewed motivation for healthier eating (fingers crossed)
Overall, home–you were really nice.