Hope that everyone has had a totally wonderful Christmas.
Mine has been pretty great in a laid back, comfortable, happy, lovey kind of way. We, no joke, slept in until 11 a.m. before finally getting up, making some cinnamon roll breakfast and opening presents. How adult. No clamoring for gifts, just really enjoying each other’s company and being leisurely. What a luxury. No pressures!
Favorites of the day?
– A new guitar that I’ve been messing with incessantly. First tuning was a success, now I’m feeling my way through what is I’m sure the easiest song on the planet G….D….C….D….G….D….C….D…. : ) I feel like I can’t cross off the 25 by 25 until at least a few months of successful playing. Key word being “successful.” Seems fair.
– Great new camera that will come in handy next month with all of the traveling.
– More of my Mamaw’s cooking.
– A $5 Avett cd I’ve had my eye on forever.
– Comfy new Mast General Store hiking socks that are helpful when the house is freeeezing.
– Walking out the door and smelling chimney smoke.
– Watching “21 Jump Street” with the fam and seeing my mom crying she’s laughing so hard.
Overall, entirely and overwhelmingly blessed this Christmas. But even with the awesome food, family time and new stuff—ever mindful of the King who came and made this day what it is.
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6